Many homeowners are searching for ways to make their homes more energy efficient, and for good reason. Research shows that energy efficient appliances, lighting and devices use less energy, can help save money and also help avoid major HVAC repair in Oregon City, OR. Unfortunately, many energy efficient options tend to be more expensive than their traditional counterparts. The key is to choose the improvements with the most benefits, like the furnace.
HVAC systems are some of the biggest energy consumers in the average American home. Their energy drain is even worse as they age and become less efficient. Traditional furnaces only operate at about 65 percent efficiency, which means 35 percent of the energy is wasted. Energy efficient alternatives, however, consistently register at 90 to 95 percent. The unit uses less fuel, reducing the home’s environmental footprint and monthly heating bill because it’s so energy efficient.
Not convinced yet? Here are five reasons highlighting the importance of making the switch to an energy efficient furnace:
- Saves money: Many people shy away from purchasing a new furnace because of the cost. However, investing in a high efficiency model will pay for itself after just a few years through reduced energy usage and a decrease in the need for HVAC repairs in Oregon City, OR. Most homeowners report a savings of at least 30 percent on their monthly utility bills. Plus, you won’t have to worry about shelling out hundreds of dollars (or more) for emergency repairs after an unexpected breakdown.
- Better for the environment: High efficiency furnaces only need about a third of the amount of fuel required to run a traditional unit. As a result, you’ll reduce your environmental footprint significantly by cutting down carbon dioxide emissions and conserving natural resources.
- Longer lifespan: Furnaces built for energy efficiency are equipped with innovative features that help reduce wear and tear, including systems that remove moisture from the heater exchange and stop the buildup of chemical residue. A new furnace can last for years with the right maintenance and HVAC repairs in Oregon City, OR.
- Improved performance: Old units lack the state-of-the-art technology that’s now commonplace with furnaces. New systems boast advanced gas valves, consistent heating and sound-absorbing materials that make the HVAC practically silent. You might forget it’s even there!
- Enhanced airflow: Tired of uneven airflow throughout your home? A new furnace could solve that problem. Newer models include variable speed motors to keep the heat uniform. Not only will you be more comfortable, but the air will also be cleaner because of newer filtration systems that eliminate dust, mold and other nasty impurities.
Taking all of this into account, it’s clear that investing in a new energy efficient furnace is the right choice. Ready to start shopping? Call the experts at L & J Heating & Cooling today for reliable furnace installation services. We’ve been the quickest and most reliable go-to HVAC contractor in the area for more than a decade. Our team of highly-trained technicians specializes in everything from routine maintenance to installing new energy efficient furnaces. Reach out today to learn more or schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: HVAC Repair
This post was written by Writer