You might think that a furnace tune-up is a nice idea, but something you can put off. After all, it costs money you could use for something else. Not to mention that you have a million other things to do, and it just falls to the bottom of the list. It’s not so cold anymore now, so why get your furnace repaired, right?
Well, not quite. You’re only postponing the inevitable, and it could cost you in the long run. Investing in preventative maintenance on your furnace now could help you save big money on heating system repair in Oregon City, OR. And if you wait around until next winter, when you really need your furnace, you’ll have to get in line with everyone else who procrastinated. Let’s take a look at all the benefits of going ahead and doing a tune-up this spring:
- Save money on energy costs: Sure, you’re going to fork over a little cash for a heating system tune-up. But you’ll save in the long term. Some studies have shown up to 30 percent savings on heating bills for a furnace that’s functioning well. If you also have a programmable thermostat, you might be able to save even more. A tune-up is simply money well spent that will yield savings when winter inevitably returns.
- Keep up with the warranty: If you have a 15-year warranty on your furnace, you may need to use it one day. When the furnace falters and you ask the company to make good on the warranty, they’re going to request proof that you’ve maintained the unit well. You’ll be thankful you have those receipts from regular tune-ups to show them!
- Keep an eye on everything that needs to be checked: While you might not think about it much, your furnace is a complicated piece of equipment. The checklist of items that need to be maintained is long, including cleaning flame sensors and removing vent system blockages and checking filters, wiring and fresh air intake grilles.
- Protect your family from dangerous leaks: Keeping your family safe should be your number one priority as a homeowner. A poorly maintained furnace can lead to both gas leaks and carbon monoxide leaks, which can be deadly. It’s not worth the risk.
- Beat the winter rush: Get furnace maintenance done now, before the cold sets in and everyone needs to have their furnace fixed. When the temperatures drop and the furnace kicks on—more efficient than before, and completely safe—you’ll be glad you made that call for heating system repair in Oregon City, OR.
L & J Heating & Cooling has been a leading HVAC contractor for over 20 years for both residential and light commercial customers. We will repair and install air conditioners, heaters, boilers, oil furnaces, gas furnaces and electrical furnaces. As a licensed, bonded and insured company, you know you can trust us with all your HVAC needs. Contact us today for a free estimate on furnace repair or any of our other services.
Categorised in: Heating System Repair
This post was written by Writer