Is your furnace running smoothly and reliably? If you’re reading this, the answer is probably no. You may be wondering if you need furnace repair or new furnace installation in Oregon City, OR. It’s certainly possible. However, homeowners who experience problems with their furnace typically run into the same issues again and again, and many are simple repairs. If you’re experiencing furnace issues, you are likely having problems with one or more components. Following are these five common issues and tips on how you can avoid them in the future:
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to the healthy operation of a furnace. Think of it like getting your oil changed or having your teeth cleaned. The professional technician who services your HVAC system each fall and spring ensures everything is working optimally and can address minor problems before they become major issues. If this maintenance is not performed, your system will experience problems, and you may face expensive repairs or new furnace installation in Oregon City, OR.
- Regular wear and tear: Even with proper maintenance, mechanical systems eventually wear out. Parts that are used frequently have a limited lifespan. Regular service of your furnace can extend this lifespan, but normal wear and tear may eventually cause something to go bad. If your furnace is older, you may need to contact a professional to repair or replace parts of your furnace as the years pass. Some manufacturer warranties will cover many of these repairs.
- Thermostat issues: One or more problems could be present with your thermostat. First, the batteries could be bad. That’s an easy fix. Second, debris and dirt could be present in the casing, causing it to malfunction. Third, the settings might be inappropriate (set to cool when you want it to heat, or programmed for a temperature lower than you prefer). If all of these issues are corrected, and the unit still does not perform correctly, there may be internal or wiring issues that your expert in furnace installation in Oregon City, OR can repair.
- Ignition control/pilot light: If your furnace is not heating your home properly, it may be due to problems with the ignition control or pilot light. The thermocouple could be clogged, which results in an unlit pilot light. The ignition control could be faulty. If either of these parts is not functioning properly, it’s important to contact an HVAC professional. They will apply in-depth expertise to determine exactly what the issue is and identify the best solution for repairs.
- Neglected filter: Neglecting your filter is the easiest and quickest way to ruin your HVAC system. It is crucial to change your filter regularly. Do this at least every 90 days. For homes with multiple pets or high traffic, it may be necessary to change it every month. Check your filter every 30 days, and change it if it’s dirty. This will help your furnace run more efficiently and extend its life.
If you experience any of these common issues, don’t hesitate to contact your trusted local HVAC technician. At L & J Heating & Cooling, we are always ready to help you with professional consultations, repairs and furnace installation in Oregon City, OR.
Categorised in: Furnace Installation
This post was written by Writer