When your air conditioning system breaks down, it is a real hassle. Not only are you uncomfortable, but you are worried about the potential cost of AC repair in Oregon City, OR. Keeping your air conditioning system properly maintained can help you avoid these costly breakdowns and ensure your AC unit operates correctly all summer long. Before your air conditioning system starts acting up, keep these common problems in mind and be sure to call for AC repair at the first sign of malfunction:
- Clogged filters: A dirty air filter can clog your AC unit and make it work harder than should be necessary to cool your home. It can even cause your air conditioning system to break down entirely, and will require AC repair in Oregon City, OR to get it functional again.
- Thermostat malfunctions: When your thermostat isn’t operating correctly, it can be difficult to maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature in your home. A faulty thermostat is a common problem that HVAC services see when homeowners have problems with their AC systems.
- Coolant leaks: Leaks are never a good thing, and a coolant leak can cause your air conditioning system to stop operating entirely. Depending on the size of the leak, you may need a repair—and if it is an especially large leak, you may need new air conditioning installation in Oregon City, OR.
- Clogged drains: When your drain lines become clogged with dirt and debris, they can cause water to overflow the drain and spill out onto your AC unit. This can damage the system, which will require costly AC repair in Oregon City, OR to have it fixed.
- Corroded evaporator coils: As your AC unit ages, so do its evaporator coils. When corrosion occurs on the coils, it can render them useless and create a real problem for you. If your air conditioning system is older and showing signs of wear, you may want to invest in new air conditioning installation in Oregon City, OR to replace it.
- Worn compressor: With frequent use, the compressor in your air conditioning system can start to wear and stop working. It will most likely need to be replaced with a new part to get your air conditioner up and running again.
- Dirty condenser coils: Dirt is the enemy of your air conditioner, and when parts like the condenser coils get clogged up, they can immediately stop working. A good cleaning of these components on a regular basis can ensure your AC unit continues to operate without issue.
- Squealing fan belts: Fan belts stretch and wear out over time. When you hear a squeaking sound, it means the fan belt is ready to break and should be replaced sooner rather than later.
- Foul odors: When you smell a burning odor coming from your AC system, it could mean you have an electrical problem. Be sure to turn your AC off and call for AC repair in Oregon City, OR to have the unit examined.
- Fan problems: No air, low air or hot air could also be signs that your fan is not working properly. A new motor may be in order, or the capacitor will have to be replaced.
Recognizing the most common problems that occur with AC systems can help you identify when you need AC repair in Oregon City, OR, or when new unit installation may be necessary. No matter what type of air conditioning problem you are experiencing, L & J Heating & Cooling can get it fixed quickly so you can stay cool and comfortable in your home.
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer