The Pacific Northwest is largely known for its cool, temperate climate. To the surprise of many non-locals, however, the Willamette Valley and Portland Metro area can also host relatively hot and dry summers. In an area where many cafés, shops and other commercial properties are without air conditioning, employing the services of an air conditioning contractor in Oregon City, OR can give your business a substantial competitive advantage.
Benefits of on-site air conditioning
There are several reasons why air conditioning is a valuable asset for your business:
- Increase customers’ time: Nobody wants to shop in a muggy store, or eat at a restaurant that is uncomfortably warm. When the sun shows its face in the Northwest, Oregonians flock to the few air-conditioned businesses in the area. Employing the help of an air conditioning contractor can mean that you see an uptick of business throughout the summer months.
- Keep your workforce happy: Your staff members will be much more productive in an air-conditioned environment. Even though the temperature outside your office or retail space may not be astonishingly high, older buildings can trap and radiate heat to levels that make it unsafe to continue working. Rather than risking injuring an employee or having to temporarily shut down your business, air conditioning contractors can help you make the most of your working hours and keep free of any potential liabilities.
Things to consider
If you have decided that installing an air conditioning system is right for your business, here are several things that you will want to consider first:
- Determine capacity: The most important step that you will need to take after hiring an air conditioning contractor is to evaluate what you will need the capacity of your new system to be. Differently sized and shaped spaces require air conditioning units with different capacities. It is important to remember to not purchase a unit that is too large, as it will just use an unnecessary amount of electricity.
- Updating ductwork: Can your current ductwork be connected to an air conditioning system? If not, what would it cost to install new ducts? These are both questions that a qualified air conditioning contractor in Oregon City, OR can help you answer. Additionally, they may be able to provide you with helpful alternatives, such as a ductless air conditioning system.
- Energy efficiency: As many Northwesterners know, protecting the environment is an important business tenet. Selecting an energy efficient air conditioning system can also save you a substantial amount of money. Some energy efficient air conditioning systems are subjected to tax credits and rebates, and nearly all systems that are energy efficient will also save you money on your monthly electric bill.
L & J Heating & Cooling has long been the premier heating and air conditioning contractor in Oregon City, OR. We can handle the installation and maintenance of a wide range of HVAC systems for both residential and light commercial properties. To learn more about how an air conditioning system can help your business thrive, reach out to us today!
This post was written by admin