Too many homeowners fail to understand the importance of their house’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. These invaluable tools make their homes livable, and contribute to a healthier lifestyle if they are cared for properly. While these important systems are most commonly utilized in the winter, it is actually best to have your HVAC repair in Oregon City, OR performed during the late summer or early fall, right before you require the use of your system the most.
A number of services are performed during routine HVAC maintenance that work to keep your system running smoothly and efficiently. Here are just some of the things that are done when you schedule an appointment for HVAC repair in Oregon City, OR:
- Clean or replace the air filter: This is one of the most important things that will increase your home’s airflow and make it a healthier and safer place to live. The air filter in your HVAC system can easily clog up with mold spores, dust particles, pet fur and other undesirable and unsanitary debris. Obtaining HVAC repair in Oregon City, OR means that you will have a clear and clean home air filter.
- Wash the indoor coils: Cleaning the indoor coils of your HVAC system prevents the buildup of molds and other undesirable substances. It also increases the airflow through the system, and makes your HVAC system substantially more efficient to run. It is extremely important to maintain clean indoor coils on your HVAC system.
- Clean the outdoor coils: The outdoor coils can easily become clogged with mineral deposits, outdoor debris, condensate or other substances. This can corrode the structural integrity of your coils, and substantially reduce the overall lifespan of your HVAC system. Cleaning the outdoor coils is another essential step of proper HVAC repair in Oregon City, OR.
- Wipe out the condensate pump: This often-overlooked piece of equipment is the cause of an HVAC system’s failure far too often. It is liable to fill up with sludge and slime due to impurities in the air and refrigerant. You can ensure that your system is running smoothly by having your condensate pump cleaned during routine HVAC maintenance.
- Visual inspection: HVAC repair specialists will perform a visual inspection of all of the components of your system while they are performing regular maintenance or HVAC repair in Oregon City, OR.
Obtaining regular HVAC maintenance not only keeps your system healthy, but also prevents you and your loved ones from suffering the ill effects of dirty air or an unnecessarily chilly and damp environment. Particularly with the level of mold spores that are present in Oregon, it is essential to have your HVAC maintenance performed regularly.
For nearly 15 years, L & J Heating & Cooling has been the premier HVAC repair specialist in Oregon City, OR. We are here to help families make it through the dreary Oregon winters cozy and warm. Don’t neglect your system—schedule a maintenance or repair appointment with one of our friendly technicians today!
This post was written by admin